Top Love Quotes & Sayings of All Time
The following is our collection of Quotes about love or Romance that we feel are the top quoted quotes of all time. We have not placed these quotes in any particular order. Make sure to check them all out, they are great! (See what users like yourself ranked as the top Love Quotes.)
1. "A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."
2. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin6. "Love is the beauty of the soul."
3. "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you."
4. "In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person."
5. "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
7. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
8. "Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life."
9. "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."
10. "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life."
--Bliss and Cerney
11. "Come live with me and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove, of golden sands, and crystal beaches, with silken lines and silver hooks..."
12. "What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes..."
--Elizabeth Barret Browning
13. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach..."
--Elizabeth Barrett Browning
14. "Take away love, and our earth is a tomb."
15. "But to see her was to love her, love but her, and love her forever."
16. "She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudness climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes..."
17. "Like music on the waters is they sweet voice to me."
18. "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
19. "You're nothing short of my everything."
20. "The only true gift is a portion of yourself."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. "Thou art to me a delicious torment."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. "Love distills desire upon the eyes, love brings bewitching grace into the heart."
23. "I love her and that's the beginning of everything."
--F. Scott Fitzgerald
24. "I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path."
25. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
26. "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
27. "What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven."
28. "It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
29. "Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one."
30. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
31. "... See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me."
32. "When you came, you were like red wine and honey, and the taste of you burnt my mouth with its sweetness."
33. "Make me immortal with a kiss."
34. "Oh, thou art fairer than the evening air Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars."
35. "Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart."
--Alphonse Marie de la Martine
36. "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
37. "We came by night to the Fortunate Isles, And lay like fish Under the net of our kisses."
38. "The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain signing to it...you and you alone make me feel that I am alive...Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."
39. "In love there are two things: bodies and words."
--Joyce Carol Oates
40. "I become a waterwheel, turning and tasting you, as long as water moves."
41. "I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal."
42. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
43. "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
44. "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."
45. "Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."
46. "My heart is ever at your service."
47. "The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."
48. "Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
49. "I am my beloved, and my beloved is me."
--Song of Solomon
50. "Her breath is like honey spiced with cloves, Her mouth delicious as a ripened mango."
51. "To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven."
52. "Love, till dawn sunder night from day with fire Dividing my delight and my desire..."
--A. C. Swinburne
53. "Love is friendship set on fire."
54. "Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again."
55. "Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile..."
56. "I see my fated stars in your eyes. They melt me like the sun does snow."
57. "The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart."
58. "To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed."
59. "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand."
60. "If you love me only in my dreams, let me be asleep forever."
61. "Kiss me and you will see stars; love me and I will give them to you."
62. "Love is a dream that comes alive when we meet."
63. "The soul that can speak with its eyes can also kiss with a gaze."
64. "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essense."
--Vincent van Gogh
65. "Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto."
--Lope de Vega
66. "Here are fruits, flowers, leaves, and branches, And here is my heart which beats only for you."
67. "When a heart finds another, what's a cloud more or less in the sky?"
--Wolf and Page
68. "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.
--Josiah G. Holland
69. "From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
70. "The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life."
--Sir Hugh Walpole
71. "Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love."
72. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
73. "The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable."
74. "True love begins when nothing is looked for in return."
--Antoine De Saint-Exupery
75. "Love is the emblem of eternity: it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end."
--Germaine De Stael
76. "The life and love we create is the life and love we live."
77. "For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it."
78. "Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals."
79. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
80. "The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss."
81. "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."
82. "Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."
83. "Paradise is always where love dwells."
--Jean Paul F. Richter
84. "True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."
--Honore de Balzac
85. "We are all born for love... it is the principle existence and it's only end."
86. "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
87. "Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
88. " When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams. "
-- Dr Suese
89. "If I know what love is, it is because of you."
90. "So dear I love him that with him,
All deaths I could endure.
Without him, live no life."
-- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
91. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire: In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."
92. "She walks in beauty,
Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes."
93. "....A simple I love you means more than money...."
94. "How delicious is the winning of a kiss at love's beginning."
95. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love."
96. "Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
97. " Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you' re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have YOU... The one who turns to his friends and says, thats her... "
98. "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
--Henry David Thoreau
99. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever."
--Alfred Lord Tennyson
100. "All love is sweet, given or returned."
--Percy Bysshe Shelley
Thursday, December 2, 2010
2 Dec 2010 I am reposting this for all of you that did not have a chance to tread about the Lord Jesus Christ
The atonement of Jesus Christ is a broad topic but have chose to focus on three themes of the atonement. First the power of the atonement to forgive sins and to cover all things to allow us to enter into the kingdom of God, Second how the Lord Jesus Christ has the power to Succor his people because of his atoning sacrifice. Third through the atonement we will all be resurrected.
I think it's important to understand what the atonement is, as used in the Scriptures to atonement is to suffer the penalty for sins, thereby removing the effects of sin from the center and allowing him or her to be reconciled to God. It’s understood that the atonement could only be performed by Jesus Christ because he was the literal son of God in the flesh. Even he the greatest of all pleaded with his father if there was any other way that mankind could be redeemed but he did his father's will and partook of that bitter cup. Because of this great sacrifice all people will be resurrected from the dead no matter their condition or state. But only those that live his gospel and keep his commandments and truly apply his atoning sacrifice into their lives will receive the ultimate gift which is to live with God and your family for eternities.
When we started our journey here on earth your father gave you a gift he gave you a large backpack and a backpack had nothing in it. Every time you sin on this journey in immortality you must pick up a rock and place it in this backpack, some of the rocks are smaller some are larger but it comes to a point where the backpack is to heavy you cannot bare the wait or the load of the backpack unless some of the rocks are taken out. I want you to then image that your older brother comes along and wants to help you along this journey so he pleads with your father and is able to help you carry the load and wants to remove the rocks. But we all have been there when the backpack is too much to carry rocks must be removed, I know that the only way the rocks can be removed is through the Savior Jesus Christ. Our father has given him that power because he lived a perfect life, and because he is taken upon him all of our sins. I think this is hard to fathom them that someone could literally take upon them the sins of all mankind. But that is exactly what he did he bore every sin that was or will ever be committed. In D&C 19 16 -17 it explanes what will happen to us if we do not repent while we have the chance. “For behold, I, God suffered these things for all that they might not suffer if they would repent; but if they would not repent they must suffer even as I; which suffering caused myself God, have suffered these things for all, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer bold body and spirit and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink nevertheless, glory be to the father, and I partook and finish my preparations on to the children of men.”If we do not repent while in this state we will suffer even as Jesus Christ suffered for our own personal sins, as explained in doctrine and covenants 19 we cannot bear that burden we cannot comprehend the pain that the Savior went through for each of us. Then there is the joy of knowing that when we have repented of our sins, the lord has made us a promise. “Behold he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I the lord will remember them no more.” I have felt the true and lasting Joy that can be experienced from the gift of repentance. The lord will have no remembrance of your sins if you truly have repented of your sins I know that to be a fact.
The Lord suffered so much more pain than just taking upon himself our sins he also took upon him our heart ached our sorrow our grief anything that you can imagine the Lord suffered. I remember when I first heard this wondering how it is possible that someone could suffer all of these things then I remembered a passage in the book of Alma 7 11 -13 and it reads “And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled witch saith he will take upon him the pains and the sickness of his people. And he will take upon him death that he may lose the bands of death witch bind his people; and he take upon him there infirmities, that his bowels may be filed with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. Now the spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out there transgressions according to the power of his deliverance and now behold this is the testimony which is in me.” This passage of scripture explains the atonement perfectly here was a perfect man or should we say God. He came down to a foreign land to redeem his people. To know that the Savior knows my temptations knows my weaknesses makes me stronger. To know that the Savior is taken upon him my sicknesses my infirmities humbles me. The definition of the word succor is as follows; Literally, to run to, or run to support; hence, to help or relieve when in difficulty, want or distress; to assist and deliver from suffering; as, to succor a besieged city; to succor prisoners. http://1828.mshaffer.com/d/search/word,succor. I know that I think of the word succor in a whole different way after understanding that it literally means that the Savior is running to us before we have even committed a sin, before we have even experienced the sorrow the grief with the pain of committing sin. The Savior wants to relieve us from our burdens. I know that the Savior Jesus Christ truly does succor his people he has succored me in my time of need. And has supported me and lifted me up in my time of heartache. There is no other way to be completely clean from sin and sorrow, we must use this atoning sacrifice in our lives daily. We must learn to repent morning and evening but we'll must also remember never to take for granted this great sacrifice which was preformed for mankind. I often think that Satan wants us to think that there is no way that the lord can help us when we are going through a hard time or thatwe are not worthy to speak to our father, there is no greater time to talk to the lord then when you are in need of his comfort or his guidance. As once said “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill I hope and pray that will we not give in to the adversary and his temptations, but that we may keep our self’s unspotted from this world and clean from the blood and sins of the generation.
Jesus Christ resurrection is the crowning event of the atonement someway incomprehensible to me; Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day. So it has been said at him as the father of mortality so Christ is the father of immortality. All men whether good or evil will be reunited with their body in a perfect state. “The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul. And every limb and joint shall be restored to its body may even a hair of the head shall not be lost but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.”Alma 40:23 that is a free gift that Jesus Christ gives to all men. I know that this resurrection that has been prophesied since the beginning of this world will come to pass. All men will be reunited with their body, this is the free gift of the atonement to enable the full effects of the atonement we must repent and keep the Commandments that God has outlined for through and by his holy prophets and Scriptures.
In conclusion I know that the atonement has the power to forgive sins, and has the power to succor us at all times and in all places may we strive to use this atoning sacrifice in our daily lives will before it is too late. All mankind will be resurrected I know that to be true. In closing I know that the Savior suffered for us personally that he knows us that he is there to help us and wants us to be reunited with him and with her father for eternity. His suffering I cannot comprehend but I do know that he suffered for me individually and for all mankind. I have come to the conclusion that there is no sin to great no burden to small that the Lord does not care about. My prayer is that we as a people may speak of the atonement on a more frequent basis thus enabling us to understand this great sacrifice. As elder Eyring once said if you are talking about anything that matters you are talking about the atonement.